Table of Contents
- Our 3 Top Rated Automatic Dog Feeders:
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder Reviewed
- PetSafe Healthy Pet Simply Feed Automatic Feeder
- PetSafe Smart Feed Automatic Dog and Cat Feeder
- Petnet SmartFeeder Automatic Pet Feeder for Cats and Dogs
- SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder
- PetPal Automatic Pet Feeder
- Dr.Feeder Automatic Pet Feeder
- Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser
- LUSMO Pet Food Auto Feeder Orange
- PetSafe Six Meal Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenses
- What is an Automatic Dog Food Feeder?
- Types of Automatic Dog Feeders
- Why Use an Automatic Dog Feeder
- Benefits of Using an Automatic Dog Feeder
- What to Watch for in Top Automatic Dog Feeders
- How to choose the suitable automatic dog food dispenser for your pet?
- Valuable tips to consider before selecting an automatic dog feeder
- Downsides to Using an Automatic Dog Feeder
Last updated on: March 13th, 2020
With technology challenging, every aspect of our lives and the pet industry can probably attest to witnessing the new trend. For the dog owner seeking the most recent of advanced technology, the best place to start with is with the best automatic dog feeders. While you are at work, traveling or gone overnight, these devices lend a helpful hand in ensuring your dog is well catered for regarding meals.
Our 3 Top Rated Automatic Dog Feeders:
Best overall performer, considerable ranges in the food portion sizes.
Top Rated Auto Dog Feeder, with WiFi control can set up to 12 meals.
Great stylish product which used WiFi and app provides a whole set of features.
Best Automatic Dog Feeder Reviewed
Here’s a comprehensive overview of our pick of best automatic dog feeders available online:
A is just reason why it takes ranks as among the best unit earning value for money.
The Unit allows for the pet owner to control the food uptake through the portion control system, which works on a timed conveyor belt with the food portions.
Each portion can measure from a 1/8 of a cup to 4 cups of food.
- Considerable ranges in the food portion sizes
- Offer the maximum number of feeding times in a day with 12 meals as a
- Tamper-proof structure made with a durable design and material
- The programming features are complicated for most first time users
- Comes with no batteries or a power cord
- The removable steel bowl is quickly knocked down by dogs
What we think about PetSafe Healthy Pet Simply Feed Auto Feeder:
The feeder with a monitor and control of the unit at any time through exists smartphone and the Wi-Fi application.
The Smart Feeder app works for both Android and iPhone users to program their dog’s feeding schedules, feeding activity food portion sizes for depending two weeks with options of the 24-cup capacity food holder.
- Smartphone programming allows for feeding alerts
- Get to customize up to 12 meals
- Wi-Fi capability gives wireless operations from your router or smartphone
- Removable steel bowl for easy washing
- The 24-cup hopper provides a wide range of portion sizes and food levels
- Smart features work only on iOS 9.0 and Android 5.0 later devices.
- The price is quite high
- The Smart Feeder application can present a challenge
- No alert for low food levels
- The batteries only work as the backup source power
What we think about PetSafe Smart Feed Automatic Dog and Cat Feeder:
The only difficulty with PetSafe Wi-Fi pet feeder is set up the Smart technology. Apart from that, a pet feeder is an excellent option for you to keep your dog on a precise eating schedule if you can meet the price.
For the users looking for more than just an automatic feeder, then The Petnet SmartFeeder review is an ideal option.
The SmartFeeder unit comes with Pet Dispenser application to allow the dog owner to control the feeding schedule whenever they are away.
Additionally, to facilitate this, there is a Wi-Fi connection capability that connects to mobile devices using the iOS 7.1+ or from 4.4+.
On the other hand, the internal capacity comprises of a 7-pound hopper capable of providing food servings ranging from 1/16th to 1 1 cups.
- The app provides a whole set of features to personalize and automate the meal schedule
- The Smartphone technology also enables notification regarding meal delivery, food levels and updates on the timed delivery.
- Helps regulated dog overfeeding through the Smart Feeder
- You can match your pet to the perfect food through Smart Feeder.
- Potential design flaws with the incline within the feeder bowl
- The application also faces connection issues before getting it to work.
- The feeder button lacks customization
What we think about Petnet SmartFeeder best Automatic Pet Dispenser for Cats and Dogs:
Dog owners experiencing the habit of pets stealing each other food can try the option of purchasing the SureFeed Pet Dispenser.
As one of the microchip pet feeder within the industry, SureFeed comprises of a SureFlap’s design to accommodate only the particular pet. The flap unlocks once the registered pet comes in to feed.
Additionally, on the functionality, SureFeed will feature the SureFlap RFID tags from where the collar tag helps to avail the food to one feeder.
A worthy mention is also that SureFeed is both a dry and wet food unit with two 2 1 cups that maintain the dog’s feed in a fresh and tamper-proof manner.
- Simplicity regarding setup and use
- The feeding unit construction is solid
- Controls feeding in multiple dog feeding station
- Collar tag IDs allows for the respective dog to access the food
- The feeding bowls are not washable
- No AC adapter is provided and only works on non-rechargeable 4-C batteries.
- No auto timer
What we think about SureFeed Microchip Pet Dispenser:
The SureFeed Microchip pet feeder is an excellent selective feeder for your dog, with the promise of working as advertised. For anyone accommodating multiple dogs, the feeding unit can help control the eating activity all at once. This is one of best large dry food dispenser.
As one of the most modern pet food dispenser, the PetPal product combines the use of smartphones plus other technologies to ensure it is the perfect option to satisfy your dog.
First off, PetPal works through a Wi-Fi network to allow remote control and scheduling of the pet’s feeding time.
Additionally, the Wi-Fi system supports the Android and iOS operating systems to accommodate smartphone users.
A predominant feature with PetPal’s feeder is the presence of a camera, and microphone to track, and monitor your dog’s eating habits.
- Durable structure made of stainless steel
- Night Vision capabilities with motion sensors
- Reliability in food delivery with the non-jamming technology
- The faces are quite expensive due to the make of the material
- The Wi-Fi connection requires a steady internet connection
- The Microphone and speaker work separately and not simultaneously
What we think about PetPal best Auto Pet Dispenser:
The smart, and iPhone-make with the PetPal pet food dispenser make it a good recommendation for most dog owners. While the unit is a highly effective large automatic dog feeder, you may have to meet quite hefty price. One of best large automatic dog feeder for large dogs with night vision capabilities with motion sensors.
For dog owners with a large breed, the Dr. Feeder automatic dog feeder for large breeds/pet food dispenser is a product they would want to pick.
The items feature a 4.5L large dog food dispenser tank with a dispensation time of 3.5 oz. per one serving. Is the only one auto dog feeder for large dogs, with a very large dog food dispenser.
On the side, the item also enables remote and timed feeding through the Android and iOS-compatible application to allow for supplying anywhere and at any time.
There is also a two-way audio function with a video-display monitor for where HD audio and video recording takes place.
The HD camera and the inbuilt microphone are additional features to allow you to listen to, communicate, video record and take photos of your dog during any memorable moment.
- Offer an application-based remote and timed feeding cycle
- The removable food bowl offers a clean and fresh tray for feeding
- The feeder is pet-proof to ensure it is a safe item
- Large automatic pet feeder
- The media options help keep feeding details
- The video feed is not stable
- Cannot work on mobile data and depend on Wi-Fi connectivity
- The app connectivity is still in question
What we think about Dr.Feeder Auto Pet Dispenser :
Dr. Feeder’s product is a leading concept regarding simplicity in use. While most of the prominent have a lot of features and buttons. Best automatic dog feeder for large dogs. Dr. Feeder is serving the food without too much headache to the dog owner. Dogs will love this best large automatic dog feeder. Is one of the best dog feeders for large dogs.
The best Automatic Pet Feeder from Arf Pets Store is one of any time-designed food inbuilt to make your pets dietary health a hassle-free process.
The sleek vertical design suits kitchen styles, with the use of lightweight but durable material making it easy to carry.
The automatic feeder portion range from 1 to 10 with each day offering the option of 4 meal at 24ml.
All these within the food hopper which can hold 4lbs of dry pet food.
- Allows for the remote and automatic feeding of your dog
- Customize a meal plan with a four daily meals
- The recharging option makes the unit convenient on the move or at home
- The 1.14 Gallon capacity is ideal for various sizes of dogs
- The product contains no stability, and curious dogs might easily kick it over
- The tendency to jam due to odd-shaped kibbles
What we think about Arf Pets Auto Pet Dispenser Food Dispenser:
Although the disadvantages do offer cause for concern for the dog owner, the fact remains that Arf Pets Automatic dog food feeder is an excellent addition for dog owners who are often not close their pet. Anyone with a significant animal other can seek the neat solution for specific benefits. If you want timed dog treat dispenser and best automatic treat dispenser for pet, here it is.
A more attractive option for any small dog is the Lusmo Automatic Pet Food Feeder.
The colorful design allows you to feed your pet in a customized meal portion set and sometimes during the day.
The Android Automatic Pet Dispenser will feed your dog three times per day at different amounts ranging from the maximum of one cup (240cc) to a 1/16th depending on your programming.
Another notable feature is that the item only comprises of three buttons that operate the settings on the LCD.
You can also check the feeding Schedule Plus alerts on the battery levels.
- Automatic feeding allows for determining food amount
- The Meal schedule can sustain food worth 10 to 14 days
- The feeder does not easily tip over due to its anti-tip design
- Only runs on 4-D alkaline batteries with no AC/DC adapters
- The feeding program automatically resets each time the batteries run out
What we think about LUSMO Pet Food Auto Feeder Orange:
With a simplistic design and easy-to-use operations are just some of the reasons, the Lusmo Automatic pet feeder is ideal for the household dogs. However, its rate of failure and the subpar performance due to battery power can often place your dog at a disadvantage.
If you are a busy dog parent then feeding your pet may while at work or traveling needs a well-portioned food dispenser.
The Six-Meal best dog feeder from PetSafe has a programmable digital best pet feeder clock that allows you to schedule the dog’s meal times in six portioned meals in one fill depending on the number of meals in a day.
Each tray holds one cup of dry dog food, and an extra bowl to keep a ready-to-eat meal whenever the dog is extra hungry.
You will only need to push the feed now option and leave your dog to eat.
- A dishwasher-safe steel bowl
- Simple LCD design
- A transparent lid to enable checking on the food
- A hard lock lid that is pet-proof
- Easy installation
- The batteries come separately from the package
- For indoor use only
- Only made for small to medium sized dogs
What we think about PetSafe Six Meal Auto Pet Dispenser Food Dispenses:
The Six-Meal Auto Pet Dispenser is another excellent product from PetSafe (PetSafe reviews and PetSafe food station here) for the overnight traveler or away from home during the day. You can easily control your dog’s food consumption without the need for a lot of features.
Although not the best in ranking, the Feed and Go food dispenser is one of the unique designs on the market.
The unit features a rotating tray with a six-cup holder for each meal.
While you can feed the dog six different meals, the feeder will only accommodate dry foods with wet food need particular attention of not lasting for over a day.
Additionally, there exists a hidden camera for those wanting to see their cat while feeding.
Accessing the video feed will require iOS, Android or Windows system with an app to add the convenience.
- Manageable feeding program
- Highly modern with a helpful connectivity function
- Interact with your dog through the mic and video options
- Logs in a feeding history
- Requires a stable internet connection
- No battery backup option
- The price is relatively high
- Complex connection system
What we think about Feed and Go Smart Pet Dispenser :
The design and top-notch features are the only parts that make Feed and Go a stand-out feeder. It would be an ideal option if you ate looking for a flexible feeder for your dog to steal a bite from time to time.
What is an Automatic Dog Food Feeder?
Auto dog food feeder seeks to provide convenience to your dog meal scheduling by acting as automatic food dispensers which disburse pet food at regular, pre-programmed or through gravity. Their structure consists typically of a closed hopper for the food and a removable bowl.
Types of Automatic Dog Feeders
Automatic feeders in the market come in different styles and designs. However, all of them rotate around two basic models or themes
Gravity Pet Feeders
Gravity Feeding systems use one of the most fundamental concepts for an automated feeder to provide individual meals. The gravity-fed unit fills the bowl whenever the reservoir runs out of food. They are one of the most commendable since they ensure a constant supply of foods.
Electronic Pet Feeders
The Electronic feeders are programmable food dispensers that will allow the dog owner to set up feeding times and portions to have them automatically dispensed at the appropriate meal times.
Smart Pet Feeders
While they do resemble electronic food dispenser, smart feeder incorporate more smart technology such as night vision, Wi-Fi connectivity, motion sensors, smartphone applications and media feeds.
Why Use an Automatic Dog Feeder
Several reasons would entail in you investing in a reliable, and good quality food dispenser for your dog. Here’s a summary of some of the top causes for you to get one of these devices.
- Automatic feeders provide the appropriate amount of foods at the right time
- It’s hard to keep track of the number of times you feed your dog, and such a feeder can spare you the hassle
- For multiple dog feeding station, they can offer an excellent option to preventing gorging of all the food
- Having a regular balanced and regulated meal for your dog is essential for healthy digestion, and take care of some type of diet
Benefits of Using an Automatic Dog Feeder
At a glance, these are some of the leading advantages to using the automatic dog feeders as a dispenser for your dog:
- Ensures you get to feed your dog at any time or circumstance
- Options such as portion control and meal scheduling make it easy to manage the feeding and ultimately the weight
- For those with multiple pets, they get to choose which pet receives the food
- The pet food is free of any contaminants, interference and is kept fresh
- You can model the feeding schedules to meet your dog’s eating habits
What to Watch for in Top Automatic Dog Feeders
While the convenience and flexibility for feeding your dog are prominent, there are factors to consider when choosing among the list of top automatic feeds and finding the most suitable for your dog. Key among these factors are:
- An easy and programmable setup and usage
- Robust design to prevent pet interference
- The structure should allow being removable and easy to clean
- Provision of multiple meal times
- Adjustable features on the portion sizes
- A speed of the food delivery
How to choose the suitable automatic dog food dispenser for your pet?
The size of the pet has potential to determine the feeder as the storage bin should accommodate the appropriate food size and allow the dog to reach the food.
Level of the automatic feeder
Depending on the level of your dog’s hygiene, or comfort, you can choose an elevated dish to prevent bacteria piling up around the bowl and affecting your pet.
Ultimately, the most significant determinant is the price of the item, and you should compile the cheapest and most appropriate game.
Valuable tips to consider before selecting an automatic dog feeder
Getting your pet food stuck in the feeder structure is an experience you would want to avoid. Therefore, seek food dispensers with a mechanism to help prevent such circumstances.
Feeder capacity and Number of portions
Each of the automatic dog feeders come with different hopper sizes and types to hold the kibbles. Depending on the amount of food you want, you may have to consider an appropriate feeder with the right portion and capacity measures.
Schedule: Timer and Reliability
Automatic feeders often come with a single timer which works depending on the set time, usually ranges from 24 to 30 hours ahead. Other advanced features offer to schedule at different times within a daily timeline.
Type of food and additional features
The automatic feeder is modeled to accommodate more of dry dog foods, but there are others that do serve wet foods. Take time to identify if your dog is on wet or dry food before incorporating the feeder into the dog’s diet.
Automatic dog food feeder also comes in with different feeding modes, and it is critical to ensure that you take note of your dog eating habits to match them to the right food dispenser.
Hygiene and Cleaning
Your dog feeding hygiene is the number one priority, and it is critical that you seek a feeder that has removable features for comfortable and convenient cleaning, whenever you want.
Downsides to Using an Automatic Dog Feeder
Some positives come with using automatic dog food feeders as they offer more opportunities for the pet and its owner. However, a significant criticism as with most tech devices is the lack of a regular mealtime for the dog. Additionally, there is criticism in the robot-like nature of the feeding program, as it makes the dog lose touch with real training. You also can read more, if you need more information about no bowl feeding, about best no bowl feeding system reviews here.
In conclusion, it is wise to take some considerations also whenever you require such a device and additionally evaluate the challenges of setting up and maintaining the feeder. Consequently, the process could prove beneficial in the making feeding your dog much more efficiently.