Table of Contents
- Top 10 Bikini Trimmers Comparison Table
- Best Bikini Trimmer Reviews 2020
- Philips HP6378 Bikini Perfect Deluxe Trimmer
- Panasonic ES2216PC Close Curves Women’s Electric Shaver
- Gillette Venus Women’s Bikini Trimmer
- Schick Quattro For Women Trimstyle Razor and Bikini Trimmer
- Panasonic ES246AC Bikini Shaper and Trimmer for Women
- Remington WPG4030C Ulitmate Body and Bikini Grooming Kit
- Philips SatinShave Prestige Wet and Dry Cordless Shaver
- Remington WDF5030A Wet and Dry Women’s Rechargeable Electric Foil Shaver
- Braun Silk-épil FG1100 – Bikini Hair Removal Electric Shaver, Styler, and Trimmer
- BlueTop Women Dry and Wet Multi-Functional Rechargeable Electric Hair Remover
- Bikini Trimmers Guide
- How to Choose the Best Bikini Trimmer
- How to Use a Bikini Trimmer
- How to Prevent Bumps in the Bikini Area
- How to Remove Red Bumps in the Bikini Area
Last updated on: April 2nd, 2020
Our Top 3 Best Bikini Trimmers in 2020 (Bikini Shavers):
Top 10 Bikini Trimmers Comparison Table
|Bikini Trimmer||Main feature||For Sensitive Skin?||Wet & Dry||Price|
|Philips HP6378||Bikini Trimmer, Precision Tools||$$$$||Check price on Amazon Our Review|
|Panasonic ES2216PC||Electric Bikini Shaver||$$$||Check price on Amazon Our Review|
|Gillette Venus||Bikini Razor||$||Check price on Amazon Our Review|
|Schick Quattro||Bikini Razor, Bikini Trimmer||$$$||Check price on Amazon Our Review|
|Panasonic ES246AC||Bikini Styler, Bikini Trimmer||$$||Check price on Amazon Our Review|
|Remington WPG4030C||Bikini Grooming Kit||$$$||Check price on Amazon Our Review|
|Philips SatinShave||Cordless Bikini Shaver||$$$$$||Check price on Amazon Our Review|
|Remington WDF5030A||Electric Bikini Shaver (Foil)||$$$$||Check price on Amazon Our Review|
|Braun Silk-épil FG1100||Electric Bikini Shaver, Bikini Styler, and Bikini Trimmer||$$||Check price on Amazon Our Review|
|BlueTop Women Electric Hair Remover||All-in-one Bikini Grooming Set||$$||Check price on Amazon Our Review|
Best Bikini Trimmer Reviews 2020
Any woman looking for a bikini trimmer with more advanced options will find that this trimmer is perfect.
The six attachments allow the user to achieve precision results on various parts of the body.
Also, since it comes with tweezers it is easy to touch up any hairs that have been missed.
This trimmer is also easy to clean, which makes it an excellent choice for anyone who trims in a hurry – simply rinse it out in the shower once you are done body grooming.
Philips Bikini Trimmer Review
This bikini trimmer by Philips can be used wet or dry, which makes it perfect for anyone who wants to trim in the shower. Through our Philips Bikini Perfect review we think that this Philips trimmer is going to be by far the best bikini trimmer in 2020.
What we think about Philips HP6378:
If you want to go cordless, this is the best bikini trimmer for you.
The price tag on this Philips bikini trimmer is higher than many of the other options. However, Philips is a reputable brand that has been developing women’s grooming products for years. The higher price may also be due to the extra grooming products that come with the trimmer.
Altogether, the higher price is worth what the package includes.
Panasonic has designed an electric bikini shaver specifically for curves.
The guards are placed to protect the user from the blades while the product is being used and decrease the chances that the skin will be broken.
While the guards do protrude slightly from the rest of the Panasonic shaver, it is better to be safe than sorry.
Since the blades are hypoallergenic, you don’t need to worry about repercussions from nicks or cuts if you do accidently cut yourself.
Panasonic ES2216PC Close Curves Review
Panasonic Close Curves is ideal for any woman who finds it difficult to trim or shave any curvy areas.
What we think about Panasonic ES2216PC:
Many products work well on parts of the body that are straight and smooth, but this shaver was designed specifically for the curvy areas.
Since ES2216PC has multiple heads that pivot, any hard-to-reach areas are no longer a problem.
Many customers favor this bikini trimmer as best bikini trimmer 2016, and we partly agree with them.
Gillette Venus is well-known for the variety of women’s grooming tools it produces.
If you are looking for a basic trimmer, this is the best choice.
It does not require batteries, attachments, or charging, which makes it perfect for someone who wants an uncomplicated tool.
The simple Venus Gillette design makes it a great option for any woman who is new to trimming and wants to try something very easy to get started.
Fancy electric shavers with multiple attachments can be overwhelming for women who have not used a trimmer before.
Gillette Venus Review
Gillette has created a foolproof option for women who are intimidated by the selection. Also, this tool pairs perfectly with Gillette razors for a cleaner trim.
What we think about Gillette Venus Bikini Trimmer:
Gillette Venus bikini trimmer is simple and straightforward, making it perfect for beginners.
Hundreds of women use Gillette Venus razor blades, and this tool is the perfect complement for a product you likely already have.
Schick is another name that is recognizable by all men and women who remove body hair. Now, Schick Quattro developed a lady shaver perfect for women who like to have everything in one tool.
The best part of this bikini shaver is that both tools are contained in one device.
Trying to use multiple tools in one sitting can be frustrating, particularly if you have forgotten to get one out and need to go get it once you have already started grooming.
By using an all-in-one tool you’ll save yourself a great deal of time.
This ladies trimmer is also easy to reach all the parts you want to shave, since the head pivots in any direction. Along with a shave, the vibration provides a slight exfoliation.
Unfortunately, there is no storage cap for when the tool is not in use. However, careful storage will keep this product in working order.
Also, there are three settings for the bikini trimmer. These options are great for women who want to switch up how they groom, or who aren’t sure how short they want the hair to be.
Schick Quattro Review
The options for length are also useful for women who have not trimmed before – these users can try the longest length, and adjust accordingly without getting another female shaver.
What we think about Schick Quattro For Women Trimstyle Razor and Bikini Trimmer:
Like a two-in-one shampoo and conditioner, this Schick shaver contains both a razor and a trimmer to make grooming easy and efficient.
Having two tools in one product saves the consumer both time and money.
Panasonic designed this bikini trimmer specifically for women with sensitive skin.
Any woman with sensitive skin will be pleased with this bikini shaper and trimmer. Women with super sensitive skin are often prone to rash and irritation after trimming or shaving.
The hypoallergenic blades on this Panasonic bikini shaper make those concerns a thing of the past.
Also, any woman who is concerned about thoroughly cleaning their grooming tools will find the cleaning brush included with the product to be very helpful. It reaches parts of the tool that cannot be properly cleaned by rinsing bikini shaper in hot water.
Panasonic Bikini Trimmer Review
They also added a cleaning brush for women who are very conscious about the cleanliness of their tools. These two features work very well together, as unclean tools often lead to irritated skin.
What we think about Panasonic Bikini Shaper & Trimmer:
Women with sensitive skin can now use a bikini trimmer without fear of razor burn or itchy skin.
Since Panasonic bikini shaper and trimmer runs on AA batteries, it is incredibly easy to use. The consumer does not need to try and find specialized batteries, and instead use batteries that are probably already in the home.
Best bikini trimmer 2017 and our recommended pick.
Remington includes several attachments for this tool so users can groom multiple body parts using one product.
Also, the exfoliating tool is perfect for anyone who suffers from razor burn after using electric shavers. Moreover the blades are protected as well.
Using the exfoliator first prepares the skin for trimming by removing any dry skin and unclogging the pores, making it much less likely the user will end up with red bumps.
Remington Bikini Trimmer Review
Also, it is easily charged overnight so the user doesn’t need to worry about changing the batteries before grooming her entire body.
What we think about Remington WPG4030C:
Remington has added interchangeable attachments for this grooming kit to make it possible to groom any part of the body without needing to use multiple tools.
Since the blades are protected it is easy to groom more sensitive areas of the body.
The cushioning around the head is perfect for quick shaves – nicks and cuts are more likely to happen when the user is in a hurry.
The grip is also specially designed to be non-slip when the product is wet, which is an added bonus for anyone who has ever dropped a razor due to soapy hands.
While this product comes with a travel pouch, the user will need to purchase an adaptor separately.
Philips SatinShave Cordless Shaver Review
This ladies electric shaver is ideal for people who forget to charge their devices and who shave quickly. The five-minute quick charge means users can quickly touch up or shave a spot when they are in a rush.
What we think about Philips SatinShave:
Philips has taken into consideration all the aspects of shaving briskly and designed a product to fit these needs.
This ladies trimmer lasts an hour after such a short charge, which is the usual amount of time electric shavers last after charging all night.
Remington has developed an electric foil shaver which alleviates these concerns by coating the blades with an antimicrobial treatment.
Not only does this extend the life of this electric shaver for women, the user doesn’t need to be unsettled by the possibility of an infection from small cuts.
Remington has also decreased the chances of a nick or cut by placing a strip of almond oil along the head.
Remington Trimmer Review
This feature leads to a smoother shave, and also moisturizes the skin at the same time.
The storage bag will keep the product safe and clean in between uses. Proper storage will also prevent the almond oil strip from drying out.
What we think about Remington Electric Shaver WDF5030A:
Any woman who is concerned about germs should use this product. The antimicrobial coating on the blades keeps them clean and free from bacteria.
In order to create something more manageable, Braun developed the Silk epil bikini styler.
This trimmer can be used on both body and facial hair, making it one of the most versatile tools available for shaving, styling, and trimming.
Braun FG1100 provides you with two lengths for trimming, so the consumer can use different lengths for different parts of the body.
Braun Silk epil FG 1100 Review
Since this bikini shaver is not as durable as the others available, it is best suited for someone who plans to use it infrequently.
What we think about Braun Silk-épil FG1100:
If you intend to use a bikini trimmer every now and then, rather than on a regular basis, this is the best trimmer for you.
Also, the petite design makes it best for trimming eyebrows, rather than body hair.
Some users may find that the small head is good for trimming hard to reach areas, or for areas with minimal amounts of hair.
This Women’s Bikini Trimmer from BlueTop promises smooth skin for up to six weeks, which is significantly longer than other bikini trimmers.
These long-lasting results are easy to achieve since the handle has been constructed to minimize discomfort.
BlueTop Women Electric Hair Remover Review
Users with coarse hair may initially find that this trimmer is not as effective as others, however, the long-lasting results are definitely worth covering the area more than once.
While the charge does not last as long as other models, this best shaver for bikini area can be used with the cord attached to the user can finish up while the tool charges.
What we think about BlueTop Women Dry and Wet Electric Hair Remover:
If you are going on an extended vacation, dislike trimming or shaving, or want to trim as little as possible, try this BlueTop product.
The results last up to six weeks so you can focus on other things.
The ergonomically designed handle makes trimming easy and ensures that the process is as easy as possible.
Bikini Trimmers Guide
This is the end of our bikini trimmer reviews. Now it’s time to continue our guide on bikini trimmers with many useful tips and tricks. Keep reading!
Whether or not it’s bathing suit season, many women like to trim their bikini area. There a ton of options for bikini trimmers. While you may be tempted to pick one at random and get started, choosing the best one for you is much more effective.
Here is everything you need to know to choose the best bikini trimmer for your needs.
How to Choose the Best Bikini Trimmer
The first thing to consider when choosing a bikini trimmer is how experienced you are and how comfortable you are with trimming your bikini area. Women who are new to trimming their bikini region may be intimidated by the idea of using a powered trimmer, whereas more experienced women may find that using a manual trimmer takes too long. If you have not trimmed your bikini area before, consider using a disposable trimmer. This way you can try it out without investing too much money in a product.
You should also think about whether you want an electric model or a standard manual trimmer. Electric and battery operated trimmers tend to be more expensive and last longer than manual versions. However, manual trimmers are lighter and are often less bulky than other models.
The type of hair and skin you have should also be taken into consideration. For example, trimmers that are designed for coarse hair will be too strong for women with fine hair. Conversely, if you have thick hair a trimmer designed for thin hair won’t be sufficient.
Also, review the different heads and combs that come with the trimmer. You may not need all of the attachments, so if you find one that does not have unnecessary options it is probably a better choice.
How to Use a Bikini Trimmer
Using a bikini trimmer isn’t much different than shaving any other part of your body. The only real difference is you need to be extremely careful since any nicks or cuts will be very painful.
To start, ensure your trimmer is ready to go. If it is electric, check to see if it is fully charged. For trimmers that run on batteries, make sure the batteries are new.
Once your trimmer is ready, you need to prep your bikini area. It is easiest to trim in the shower since you won’t have any mess to clean up after. If you’re grooming in the shower, soak in the water for ten or fifteen minutes before you trim. To incorporate trimming into your regular shower routine, make it the last thing you do in the shower. If you are planning to trim out of the shower, apply a warm compress to the area for at least ten minutes before trimming.
Next, apply a lubricant such as shaving cream. Make sure to cover every part you intend to trim. Throughout the process, the cream may rinse off before you are able to get to it. Simply reapply the shaving cream as needed.
Your bikini area is now ready to be trimmed. Hold the trimmer in a comfortable position, and move it in the direction that your hair grows. Shaving against the grain will cause ingrown hairs. You may need to try a few different positions to reach every area you want to trim.
Be sure to hold the trimmer firmly but gently. Do not press down as you trim. The blades on the trimmer are designed to work without added pressure. You may find that you need to stop a few times along the way to see if you have gotten every hair. Try to avoid trimming the same area repeatedly, as this will cause irritation.
To finish trimming, thoroughly rinse off any remaining shaving cream and you are ready to go to beach.
How to Prevent Bumps in the Bikini Area
Quite often women see small red bumps after shaving or trimming their bikini region. These little bumps are pop up when the hair follicle becomes irritation during the shaving process. Occasionally razor bumps are the result of ingrown hairs (learn how to prevent ingrown hairs), but it is most often a pimple. Women who have sensitive skin are much more likely to see razor bumps since sensitive skin becomes irritated more easily. Women with pale skin are also prone to razor bumps. This is because inflammation is more visible on pale skin when compared to dark skin.
The best way to deal with these bumps is to prevent them from happening. It may take a combination of a few different techniques to find out what works best for your skin. If you find that you still get red bumps after trying a few of these methods, try several together.
- Do not share a razor, and use a fresh razor. Dull razors will get stuck on the hair rather than cleanly cutting it. This means it will pull, causing undue irritation. Also, with a dull razor you’ll have to shave the same area multiple times, so you’ll be scraping off more than one layer of skin cells.
- Don’t press too hard with the razor. Ideally, you want to hold the razor against your skin and let it glide easily across the skin. If you find you have to press down on the razor for the hair to come off, your razor is probably dull.
- Exfoliate before you shave. The skin in this area is more fragile than the skin you have on the rest of your body, so make sure you are extremely gentle when exfoliating your bikini area. Exfoliation removes the dead cells from the surface of the skin, making it easier for your razor to glide smoothly. Try using a soft face cloth, and rub it in small circles.
- Avoid shaving every day. With a sharp razor, you should be able to get a close enough shave that you don’t need to repeat the process on a daily basis. Giving your skin a day or two to heal will decrease the likelihood that you’ll see red bumps.
- Utilize your shower time. The hot water from the shower will open your pores, making it easier to remove the hair. It will also soften the hair. Make sure the area is well saturated with water, as shaving dry is very uncomfortable and will feel like you are scraping the skin off.
- Use a lubricant. Adding a substance like shaving cream provides a layer of protection between your razor and your skin. It also gives your razor something else to grab on to. Try a shaving cream with aloe and vitamin E. Both of these ingredients are soothing on the skin. Alternatively, use the same conditioner you use when you wash your hair. Conditioner is designed to be hydrating, so it will moisturize your skin. It is also more slippery than shaving cream so your razor will slide across your skin.
- Rinse with cool water. Finishing your shower with cool water on your bikini area will give your skin instant relief from any inflammation. Any time you shave any part of your body the skin becomes irritated, even if it is not visible. Cool water or a compress aids in closing your pores, which makes them less susceptible to infection.
- Avoid rubbing with the towel. Rubbing dry with a towel will only cause more irritation. Gently pat the area to prevent any further tenderness or swelling.
How to Remove Red Bumps in the Bikini Area
Sometimes, no matter how hard you try to prevent razor bumps from occurring, they pop up. Fortunately, there are several steps you can take at home to treat these annoying bumps.
- Use a topical product. Topical treatments are the best option for dealing with razor bumps since they go to work right away. Look for products that contain aloe, vitamin E, or witch hazel. These ingredients are natural, so you don’t need to worry about having a reaction to a chemical. Aloe vera gel that has been stored in the fridge will be extremely soothing when it is applied to the skin.If your skin can usually tolerate chemicals, look for glycolic acid or salicylic acid. These ingredients are commonly found in anti-acne treatments and are designed to reduce redness while treating the root of the problem. Whichever type of topical product you choose, make sure to apply it using a clean cotton pad or swab. If you use your fingers, you run the risk of transferring oil and bacteria to the irritated area.
- Apply an anti-bacterial cream such Polysporin or Bacitracin. These products are perfect for taking care of any potential infections. Also, opt for creams over ointments. Creams will moisturize the skin at the same time, whereas ointments will be greasy.
- Use tea tree oil. Since tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic it can effectively clean the bikini area to take care of any razor bumps. Drugstores stock creams that contain tea tree oil, so all you have to do is carefully rub the cream onto your skin. If you are able to stay home with a treatment on, try adding a couple drops of tea tree oil to a few tablespoons of honey. Apply it to your bikini area, and cover it with cotton to prevent it from sticking to your clothing. Honey is a natural antibiotic, and mixing it with an antiseptic will do double duty to remove razor bumps.
- Apply baking soda. Sodium bicarbonate – commonly known as baking soda – isn’t usually the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about razor bumps. However, this powder is ideal for getting rid of these red bumps. Since it can act as either a base or an acid, baking soda is able to restore the skin’s pH balance. To reap the benefits of baking soda, mix one cup of cool water with one tablespoon of baking soda. Thoroughly soak a cotton ball in the mixture, and dab it on to your bikini area. This process can be repeated several times per day if needed.