Table of Contents
- Our Top 3 Best Electric Grills in 2021:
- 1. George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Silver, GGR50B
- 2. Weber 55020001 Q 2400 Electric Grill
- 3. Kenyon B70082 Floridian All Seasons Portable Stainless Steel Electric Grill
- 4. Char-Broil TRU Infrared Electric Patio Bistro 240
- 5. Zojirushi EB-DLC10 Indoor Electric Grill
- 6. Nutrichef Indoor/Outdoor Electric Fish Grill
- 7. Hamilton Beach 25361 Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill & Searing Grill
- 8. Giantex 1350W Electric BBQ Grill
- 9. Camco Olympian 3500-C, 57240
- 10. Meco Easy Street 9309W9.181 Electric Tabletop Grill
- 11. Coyote 18-inch Built-in/Portable Electric Grill On Patio Post, C1EL120SM + C1ELCT21
- 12. Masterbuilt 2375 Veranda Grill
- Why Choose Electric?
- Grills Vs Griddles: What Is Grilling, Anyway?
- Choosing An Electric Grill: Features To Look For
- Choosing an Electric Grill: Questions To Ask Yourself
Last updated on: February 7th, 2020
Our Top 3 Best Electric Grills in 2021:
Best overall performer, especially for the price you pay. Top rated pick with the comparable quality of much more expensive models.
Phenomenal portable electric grill with 280 square inch cooking area. Top performance and sleek style.
Top-of-the-line electric grill made from marine-grade stainless steel. Searing master - heats up to 600˚F in under 10minutes.
The following is a compilation list of 12 reviews of top electric grills in 2021.
The products have been described briefly into detail to depict their capabilities and to help you settle on the one that suits your needs.
Best Electric Grill Reviews 2021
1. George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Silver, GGR50B
This George Foreman BBQ grill has a strong removable stand which makes it suitable for outdoor countertop grilling.
Its long lasting non-stick coating and patented fat-eliminating slope enables you to prepare large and delicious portions of your guest’s favorite, be it family or friends, with an easy cleanup.
- Countertop stand – the stand is low-profile and is attached to the bottom of the grill to keep it elevated. This makes it safe for use on countertop surfaces.
- Adjustable temperature control – the grill has a temperature controlling system that allows you through 5 heat settings for obtaining best results.
- Removable stand – the stand is easily removable to change from patio to countertop. This makes the grill usable outdoors and indoors.
- Large grilling surface – the circular grilling surface is 240 square inches which is large enough for over 15 servings of food.
- Full electric system – the fully electric system provides you with great-quality grilling that needs no propane, charcoal or flare-ups.
What we think about George Foreman Indoor Outdoor Grill:
To conclude our George Foreman grill review: this George Foreman electric grill is generally a great product with adjustable temperature control for your perfect grilling. On top of helping you avoid charcoal, propane, butter and oil, it works well both outdoor and indoor. And one more thing … it’s pretty cheap for the quality you get!
2. Weber 55020001 Q 2400 Electric Grill
This Weber electric grill offers a great performance on dishes.
Electric grill outdoor or indoor use, features a sleek design with effective features that are both fun and functional. These include; control knobs and a larger grip handle, sturdy cradles for the front and rear sides as well as ergonomic side handles.
This Weber electric grill Q2400 will help you sear burgers, chops and steaks, grill chicken, vegetables, fruit and fish on the porcelain-enameled grates.
- Powerful heating element – the 1560-watt electric heating system of the Weber 55020001 Q 2400 enables it to heat a cooking surface of 280 square inches.
- Tough construction – the grill has a cast aluminum lid and cast-iron cooking grates that are porcelain-enameled, all for durability and effective functionality.
- Easy assembly – the product is fully assembled out of the box and is easy to use
- Infinite control burner – this helps in adjustment of the temperature to suit a wide variety of different delicacies.
- The depth, width and heights of the Weber 55020001 Q 2400 electric grill are 25.1, 31.5 and 26 in. when the lid is open which enables you to cook plenty of dishes.
What we think about Weber Electric Grill Q2400:
The features of the Q2400 Weber electric grill are effective and fun to use. Its grip handles and knobs help in successful monitoring of temperature throughout the food preparation process. Do not hesitate to order for this unit via the Amazon website and enjoy its grilling benefits.
3. Kenyon B70082 Floridian All Seasons Portable Stainless Steel Electric Grill
This stainless steel BBQ grill is a good alternative to gas and charcoal ones especially in areas where the two are prohibited.
This beautiful tabletop electric grill has a simple and elegant design with a powerful punch that reaches up to 600 in 10 minutes.
The following are the great features that make this small electric grill worth a purchase.
- Concealed electric element – this gets rid of the grease flare-ups and provides a heat source that is virtually smokeless allowing indoor cooking.
- The non-stick grate – it seals the juices and flavors while imparting the distinctive barbecue grill marks. The double coated non-stick surface for grilling is also dishwasher safe.
- Powerful punch – the Floridian grill has a powerful punch that is able to achieve 600 of temperature in just 10 minutes. This balcony grill saves the user from the needs to plenty of charcoal or tanks of gas for grilled food. This offers a safer grilling method that avoids harmful open flames from charcoal and propane gas.
- The Kenyon B70082 Floridian features an automatic shut-off system of 60 to 90 minutes. This balcony BBQ also pre-heats in 7 minutes or less which makes it very convenient for quick cooking.
- Waterproof-touch control panel – the control panel helps in adjusting the cooking grate temperature up to over 500F for effective searing of steaks.
- Stainless steel electric grill – It features a marine-grade 304 stainless-steel construction which makes it rust proof and weather resistant.
- Kenyon backs this product with a direct replacement warranty of 3 years.
- Insulated lid – it is removable for easy cleaning and helps prevent accidental
What we think about Kenyon B70082 Floridian All Seasons:
This Kenyon electric grill offers great grilling services with its powerful punch and quick heat up. It is also a multi-tasking product that can be used for cooking other dishes indoors which indeed makes it worth a purchase.
4. Char-Broil TRU Infrared Electric Patio Bistro 240
Its sleek styling provides an outstanding performance.
Char Broil TRU infrared technology heats up faster and distributes the heat more evenly. This ensures less flare ups on the grilled food.
The next generation Char Broil infrared grill includes features that enhance convenience such as the folding side tables that offer a larger preparation and work surface.
This Char Broil grill is available in red, black and graphite. The features are;
- Large grilling surface – the folding sides offer a grilling surface of 240 Square inches. It also includes a warming rack of 80 Square inches with a capacity of 8 to 12 hamburgers.
- Electric TRU-Infrared system – TRU infrared grill enables the user to evenly cook food with minimal flare-ups.
- Premium cooking grates – these are cast-iron and porcelain-coated to make the Char-Broil TRU Infrared Patio Bistro resistant to rust and easy to clean.
- Temperature adjustment system – this includes the control knob for temperature adjustment that is simple to use.
- Dial-control plugs – can be plugged into any outlet of 120V to provide power of 1500 watts.
- The small size of this electric infrared grill enables you to carry out your drilling activities at the balcony, outdoor or at an event far from your home.
What we think about Char Broil Patio Bistro Electric Grill:
The Char Broil Infrared offers great services with its infrared patio systems that ensures you grilled steak has no cold and hot spots. The porcelain construction makes it long lasting while its small size will enable you to carry it around to different places for the barbeque event. Don’t hesitate to purchase Patio Bistro 240 – the ideal solution for good tasting grilled food.
5. Zojirushi EB-DLC10 Indoor Electric Grill
The Zojirushi grill is constructed using clean ceramic that features a nonstick coating enhanced with titanium.
This indoor electric grill also features a flattened grid design that increases the food contact surface for faster cooking.
The grip handles and base make it easily portable.
Zojirushi features a removable control plug that clicks when correctly inserted for safety purposes.
- Drip Pan – this built-in feature gets rid of excess oil and fat which makes your steaks and hamburgers healthier.
- Gourmet Roaster – the lid and base of this indoor tabletop grill have a heating element for effective roasting and broiling of fish or meat. The lid also includes a catalytic filter that maintains the odor within the grill.
- Gourmet Sizzler – it is an electric griddle that makes frying your food, from pancakes to pork chops, more fun.
- Electric skillets – they are perfect for braising chicken or pot roasts while they are simmering in wine.
- High powered heating system – the heating element of 1,500 watts comes with adjustable heat settings that will help you grill from as low as 176F to as high as 410F.
What we think about Zojirushi EB-DLC10 Indoor Electric Grill:
Zojirushi EB-DLC10 Indoor Electric Grill is generally a great addition to your grilling activities at home. On top of the high heating power for effective cooking, this indoor BBQ grill easily disassembles for portability and easy cleaning. It is also efficient for a wide range of delicacies such as braised chicken, fried steaks and roasted foods, which makes it worth a try.
6. Nutrichef Indoor/Outdoor Electric Fish Grill
It has an extra wide roasting and cooking rack and a built-in filter for efficient preparation of healthy foods.
This fine countertop grill will allow you to cook meat, vegetables and fish on any ideal countertop surface. Its metal construction makes it easy to clean.
- Universal grill – the indoor grill is perfect for preparing seafood at ideal temperatures. The product allows you to griddle from surf and turf, lobster, fish, clams, chicken, pork steak and much more.
- Auto power-off system – this function offers a convenient ‘dings’ when the food is cooked and goes off automatically. This timer alarm is vital for seafood recipes. This adjustable timer and settings are also customizable for quick cooking.
- Built-in filter- this filter minimizes odors and smoke from escaping the hot grill plate into the apartment. It actually even prevents fish odor when cooking indoors.
- Two heating panels – The double heating panels saves you from the hassle of having to constantly check on the food while flipping and turning. The top and bottom heating panels work on the food from both sides for even distribution and healthy final product on your grilled delicacies.
- Drip and oil tray – most foods such as meat and fish release oil when being grilled which often brings cleaning difficulty. This tray however cubs this problem by trapping the oil. It is then removed for easy cleaning after use.
- Multi-purpose griller – the Nutrichef Electric Fish Grill is ideal for cooking seafood perfectly. It also allows grilling of surf and turf, lobster, fish, pork, clams and chicken steak which makes it versatile.
What we think about Nutrichef Indoor/Outdoor Electric Fish Grill:
Grill your fish, meats and vegetables using the Nutrichef Electric Fish Grill for you party or get together and you will definitely benefit from its great performance. It is also useable on any countertop and easy to clean which are among the many qualities that make it worthwhile.
7. Hamilton Beach 25361 Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill & Searing Grill
This Hamilton Beach grill locks the flavors and juices in to give the meat a great taste, appearance and texture.
The adjustable temperature lets you finish the meal preparation process without worries of overcooking.
This Hamilton Beach searing grill features a lid window that let’s you watch the food as is cooks inside.
- Drip pan – it ensures that the electric grll works with no mess by capturing the escaping juices and oils from the dishes. This drip pan easily slides out for easy cleanup after use.
- Sliding cover – this grill features a grill styling with a window lid that is convenient for locking the flavors on the dish. The lid also slides off for cleaning.
- Adjustable temperature control – this helps to achieve searing perfection. You simply need to turn the temperature up to searing level. A light glows to show that you have reached searing temperatures of 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Removable grill plate – the removable grill makes it easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
What we think aboutHamilton Beach 25361:
Hamilton Beach (25360) Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill will help you through your preparation of steaks, fish fillets, burgers or pork chops to perfection. If you are looking for a cheap electric grill with the best searing temperatures, then this is among the top choices for you.
8. Giantex 1350W Electric BBQ Grill
This electric BBQ grill will make you enjoy a tasty and smokeless barbecue.
It has an electric power of 1350 watts for efficient heating as well as a temperature controller with four varying settings.
This caters for the different food features and personal diet customs.
This electric barbecue has a removable bowl below its cooking surface for deposition of grease and any other liquids. At the bracket’s center, there is a 360 degree rotatable tray for ensuring the seasoning is close at hand.
- Easy to assemble and maintain – all the parts are clearly labeled with a number. The steps of assembly are included and are easy to follow. It is advised to disconnect and the appliance from electricity supply and allow the grill to cool completely before cleaning.
- Temperature indicator and regulator – the detachable temperature regulator allows you to set the required temperature level which takes only 3 minutes to heat up. The indicator goes out when the desired temperature has been achieved which makes the appliance safe for use.
- Sturdy base and stand – this electric barbecue grill features a strong base and a long stand. The height of the stand is appropriate for easy use. The base is five feet wide which makes the model very stable for your outdoor grilling.
- Condiment tray and fat collecting bowl – the easy to access condiment tray is for storing seasoning. It can also be rotated at 360 degrees according to users need. The collecting bowl on the other hand, traps the grease from the dishes to make them clean and healthy.
- Metal grill plate and hood – the three areas of the grill plate allow you to cook different types of food on this grill electric.
- Giantex 1350W Electric BBQ grill has a non-stick coating of high quality that makes it durable.
What we think about Giantex 1350W Electric BBQ Grill:
The Giantex 1350W Electric BBQ grill is definitely among the best electric grills in the market with a large working space and great performance. It features a unique condiment tray for storying seasoning which makes it a very interesting choice.
9. Camco Olympian 3500-C, 57240
It works perfectly for indoor and outdoor grilling activities.
The grill has the ability to run off park power which makes this grill unique.
The cooking surface is 145 square inches and has folding legs that are customized for countertop use.
It is also easy to clean with the removable grease tray.
- 120V electrical use – it can be plugged into any electrical outlet with the standard 120V. This makes the model very convenient for home use.
- Great heating power (1500W) – the heating power of 1500 watts can certainly cook your dish in time for dinner or lunch.
- Adjustable temperature control – it features an infinity switch for controlling the temperature. The switch has a red light beside it for indicating whether your food is heating or not.
- Stainless steel construction – the stainless steel construction prevents the grill from rusting which makes it durable and suitable for indoor and outdoor grilling.
- Folding legs – its folding legs make it portable and useable on any kitchen countertop.
What we think about Camco Olympian 3500-C:
The Camco Olympian 3500-C electric grill has the unique feature of folding legs that makes it useable on any countertop or tabletop. It also has a high quality stainless steel which makes it very durable and worth a purchase.
10. Meco Easy Street 9309W9.181 Electric Tabletop Grill
It will amaze you with the variety of recipes especially using the 22 inch rotisserie accessory.
This Meco electric grill uses a reflector pan that is specially designed to make smoky vapors which infuse the dishes in the grill with delicious taste.
- 200 square inches grilling surface – the cooking area is large enough and is divided into three sections for preparing different dishes. It also comes with the rotisserie accessory.
- Thermostatic control – with 1500 watts of electric power, this grill can plug into any standard outlet. Its power punch initiates effective distribution of heat on food.
- Grease cup – it is placed at the back of the base to trap grease for easier clean up.
What we think about Meco Easy Street 9309W9.181 Electric Tabletop Grill:
In summary, the Easy Street Electric Tabletop is very loveable. It will get you having great flavors on your dishes and variety of foods at ago. Its special electric rotisserie accessory for different recipes makes it another interesting choice of electric grills.
11. Coyote 18-inch Built-in/Portable Electric Grill On Patio Post, C1EL120SM + C1ELCT21
This coyote grill can easily change from pedestal installation to portable to built in electric grill.
The removable frame and the C1EL120SM also make this appliance versatile.
This Coyote built in grill has a cooking surface area of 156 square inches and a 304 stainless steel construction for durability.
- Heating element of 1,300 watts – it is rated for 5,000 hours and its maximum temperature is 550 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Customized cooking surface – the surface is non-stick and Teflon-coated which reduces sticking of food during grilling. It also enables quick cleanup.
- Automatic 60-minute timer – the timer is set for automatic shut off which adds to the safety of use by preventing burn accidents.
- Coyote portable pedestal – it features a fold down shelving that makes the workspace bigger.
- Heavy base – the weighted base allows for easy assembly and makes the grill stable for work.
- The model is made of a 304 stainless steel that makes it long lasting.
What we think about Coyote 18-inch Built-in/Portable Electric Grill:
The Coyote 18-inch Built-in / Portable Electric Grill is ideal for cooking steaks and juicy burgers thanks to its unique ceramic briquette flavorizer. The feature performs by ensuring heat is distributed evenly on the food on the grill which makes this model one of the best available choices. One of the top built in BBQ grills.
12. Masterbuilt 2375 Veranda Grill
It is perfect for use in condos and apartments with limited space.
The Masterbuilt electric grill features a grill rack that is porcelain-coated. The cooking surface area is 190 square inches.
Despite the small footprint of the Masterbuilt Veranda Electric Grill, it has a large capacity.
- Compact outdoor electric grill – it includes an adjustable 1650 watts of heating element that makes the grill powerful for versatile dish preparation.
- Removable drip pan – the drip pan captures all the escaping oils and liquids from the cooking food for easy cleaning.
- Stainless steel construction – this prevents rust and makes the appliance very durable.
- Variable temperature control – It includes a thermostat with a heating element of 1,650 watts. The heat is easily adjustable to preferred temperature. It has 5 temperature settings which are; high, warm medium, low and off.
- 196 square inch cooking space – this cooking space is large enough for preparation of plenty of food for a large group. This makes it convenient for your party.
- Removable reflector plate – helps in evenly distributing heat and makes it easy to clean.
What we think about Masterbuilt 2375 Veranda Grill:
The easy to use Masterbuilt grill will simplify your grilling whether you are searing your steaks on high or even on low and slow grilling. This model is easy to assemble and its suitability for condos and limited space apartments makes it a very great choice.
Electric grills are becoming more popular for grilling activities at home in current times. This is due to their reliability and efficiency in preparation of grilled dishes without having to pollute the environment with smoke and odor. Moreover, these appliances ensure that your steaks and other delicacies are cooked healthy by filtering out oils and fats using their distinctive great features. Most of the top electric grills are easy to clean which makes them excellent for indoor use. The grills are also very effective for preparing many serves of foods which is among the many reasons for considering their use. Feel free to go through the above list and make a suitable choice for you needs and enjoy the many benefits of electric grills.
Electric Grill Buying Guide
Electric grills are often overlooked in favor of their beefier gas, propane, or wood-powered counterparts. While they’re not a “real” substitute for having a flame in some types of cooking, you can get away with an electric grill for backyard barbecues, searing steaks, toasting paninis, and more.
Why Choose Electric?
It’s no secret that electric grills operate differently than gas-powered units. Instead of using an actual flame to heat up your food, they use electricity to heat up a cooking element, which then heats up a cooking surface. Your food is cooked by being in contact with this hot surface.
This provides several advantages. First, you don’t have to worry about air or fuel. Conventional grills heat food via flame, which continually consumes both oxygen and a combustible fuel source. This means you have to monitor air flow to your grill and provide a constant flow of propane, natural gas, pellets, or charcoal. With an electric grill, all you have to do is plug it in and turn it on.
Second, maintenance is pretty easy. Electric grills nearly always have removable parts that can be put in the sink or even the dishwasher. Since there’s no fire, you never need to clean out any ash, and you never need to perform maintenance on the fuel delivery mechanism.
Third, electric grills are safer. There’s very little risk that an electric grill will accidentally set anything on fire. This means you can put them in tight spaces or even operate them indoors. Many apartment complexes that ban the use of gas grills are totally fine with you owning and operating an electric grill.
Fourth, electric grills are quite small. When coupled with the fact that they can be operated safely just about anywhere, they become potent tools in a cramped kitchen. They’re also easy to transport, which means you can store them inside after a backyard cookout or even take one with you to a park.
Finally, electric grills are pretty cheap. While you can find entry-level grills in all styles that will fit inside a fairly tight budget, gas, propane, and pellet grills will quickly become very expensive when you start looking at reliable models with extra features. Electric grills stay pretty cheap, even if you’re looking at a very nice one. This makes them great purchases for home cooks on a budget.
Grills Vs Griddles: What Is Grilling, Anyway?
“Grilling” is a term that refers to applying dry heat to food. This can be done by placing a rack on top of a fire, but it also can be done by heating up a flat surface (like a griddle) by electricity. This means that your electric grill does technically “grill” food, no matter what your friends or neighbors say.
When you purchase an electric grill, some people might argue that you’re really getting an electric griddle. The tool you get heats a flat (ish) surface that you use to apply heat to your food. A George Foreman is pretty much an electric griddle with a lid and ridges, at least according to these people.
Does this mean you should get an electric griddle instead? Not necessarily. While the ridges mostly work to add “grill marks” to your food as you cook, the lid on your electric grill is a very important part. It helps trap heat inside and enables you to cook much thicker foods than you’d be able to cook without a lid. Since you trap heat underneath the lid, the food you place in your grill cooks faster. This makes electric grills much more versatile cooking tools than lidless electric griddles.
Choosing An Electric Grill: Features To Look For
There are a bunch of electric grills available today from many manufacturers in a variety of shapes and sizes. Here are the most important things to look at when comparing grills for your kitchen or backyard.
Electric grills tend to heat up pretty fast, but some are faster than others. You want a grill that quickly comes up to your desired temperature when you turn it on, then recovers when you throw on cold food or lift up the lid.
– A Temperature Gauge
While most electric grills have heat controls, they’re not useful without a temperature gauge. After all, how hot is “4?” Look for a model with a gauge that outputs whichever temperature units you prefer. Ideally, you’ll also find one with a thermostat that can adjust the heating surface to your desired temperature exactly.
– High Max Temps
You can’t sear a steak at less than 600 F, which is a fair bit higher than some cheaper electric grills can go. Without a high temperature, you won’t be able to get the crisp, browned exterior you and your guests are used to. If you’re not cooking steaks, however, or you’re willing to finish your meats on a different appliance, you can settle for less.
– Easy Cleaning
Most top electric grills come with removable cooking plates that you can put in the dishwasher or simply wash in the sink. Make sure that the grill you’re looking at offers this feature, especially if it’s a larger model. You’ll thank yourself when it’s time to clean things up.
– The Correct Lid
You need enough vertical space in your grill for the kind of food you want to cook. This means a sandwich grill should have a raised hinge that doesn’t squish the sandwiches, while something you intend to cook tall, thick foods on should have plenty of vertical clearance. If you’re just going to cook burgers and hot dogs, of course, you don’t need a lot of space.
– Cord Length
Your electric grill needs to plug into an outlet to work. Make sure it’s got a cord that will actually reach one from your intended placement spot. You can use an extension cord to solve this in a pinch, but this will add to the cost of setting up your grill.
Choosing an Electric Grill: Questions To Ask Yourself
Now that you know what to look for in an ideal grill, here are a few final questions to consider before making a purchase. Answering these questions will help you narrow down your selection and find the perfect grill.
What Will You Grill?
Understanding the types of food you intend to cook will make shopping for grills much easier. If you want to cook steaks, for example, you’ll want a grill that can hit 600 F. Try to make a list of your favorite grilled foods and make sure you understand the temperature and space requirements for each.
How Much Will You Grill At Once?
This question will tell you how big of a grill you should buy. If you want to host parties out of your electric grill, you’ll definitely want a pretty big model. If you intend to cook for yourself and your small family, however, you can probably get by with a much smaller unit.
Where Will You Store Your Grill?
This is a question that people often skip. Most households don’t leave their electric grill outside. Instead, they take it inside and store it somewhere to protect it from the elements. Make sure that you’ve actually got enough space in a cabinet somewhere to fit the grill you’re looking at.
Am I Allowed To Have A Grill?
If you live in an apartment complex or have an association that governs your condo or home, you might be subject to regulations about what types of outdoor cooking equipment you have. Make sure you’re familiar with the rules before you get a grill that might get you into trouble.