Table of Contents
- Best Epilator Reviews
- What is an epilator?
- Advantages of Epilating
- How do I find the best epilator for me?
- What about the Pain?
- Tips for Epilator Maintenance
Last updated on: November 28th, 2017
Hair removal is a tedious task that can be frustrating at times. There are several different ways to remove your body hair, such as waxing and shaving. You may have tried many different hair removal methods before you found and glued with a technique that worked out best for you, well, until now. And that’s why we are unfolding best epilator reviews.
Epilators are useful hair removal devices that come in some shapes and sizes. You can get a dedicated epilator that is designed especially to work on specific body parts.
Best Epilator Reviews
Braun SE7681 Silk-épil 7
The epilator has 40 tweezers utilizing close-grip technology to deliver superior results through hair removal.
Its pivoting head is capable of moving 15 degrees forward and backward to adjust according to the body contours for better results.
It comes with pre-epilation wipes that prepare skin for smooth and comfortable epilation.
It has two separate speed options where speed 1 is for gentle epilation while speed 2 is for high-efficiency epilation.
The high-frequency massage soothes the skin during epilation to reduce pain caused by the plucking of hairs.
It also has SmartLight feature that enables a better view of finest hairs during epilation.
The se7681 epilator is perfect to use in both dry and wet conditions.
It is cordless and has a rechargeable battery that ensures 40 minutes of continuous usage with a single 1-hour charge.
Braun silk epil 7 Reviews – Braun SE7681 Silk-épil 7 is capable of making epilation more efficient while reducing pain with its features.
All major upsides and downsides of the hair removal unit are mentioned as follows:
- 40 tweezers results in efficient epilation
- Pivoting head
- Ready for dry as well as wet usage
- Cordless with rechargeable battery
- Comes with 5 attachments, including shaver head, trimmer cap and facial cap
- Low battery life
What we think about Braun silk epil 7:
Although having many helpful features, owing this epilator means that customer has to invest a large sum of money.
Although the unit offers efficient epilation.
Braun Silk-épil 9 9-579 Wet & Dry Epilator
The epilator utilizes MicroGrip tweezer technology developed by Braun, which results in increased epilation performance.
The wider, longer and deeper tweezers of the epliator are capable of removing very short hairs that waxing is unable to catch.
Braun Silk-épil 9 9-579 has 40% wider head, which ensures capturing and removing more hairs in a single stroke.
With its pivoting head, it easily adapts to body contours resulting in a comfortable experience and superior performance.
Additionally, the SmartLight feature of Silk-épil 9 9-579 epilator allows users to have a clear and better view of the area to have a thorough hair removal.
This is also the best epilator for the face as it also features a special Braun facial brush that can take away makeup from face along with pore-deep impurities.
Braun Silk-épil 9 Review – Braun Silk-épil 9 9-579 brings a lot of features, including wider head, pivoting head and flashlight.
It is wireless and has a rechargeable battery that allows users to use it while on the go.
- Fastest and efficient
- MicroGrip tweezers removes even the finest of hairs
- Waterproof, ready for wet usage
- Charging stand for easy charging
- Comes with a shaver head, massage cap, skin contact cap and a trimmer cap
- Painful to use
- High priced
What we think about best epilator for face:
Although efficient in performance, the Silk-épil 9 9-579 comes with a high price tag and produces comparatively more pain while epilating.
The unit is best for customers looking for an epilator capable of removing even the finest of hairs.
It has 48 rotating tweezers that are capable of capturing, holding and extracting hair efficiently while minimizing the discomfort.
The epilator has a flexible pivoting head, which moves 30o forward and 30o backward for cleaner and smoother hair removal.
Additionally, the shaver head of the Panasonic epilator employs hypoallergenic stainless steel blades and foils to deliver an irritation-free shaving experience.
It has a built-in flashlight, which helps to identify better the hairs that are otherwise hard to see.
Panasonic ES-ED90-P is a waterproof unit and is readily available for both dry and wet usage.
Moreover, the unit is washable that allows it to be wiped with water after its usage.
Panasonic ES-ED90-P Review – Panasonic ES-ED90-P is a perfect device for better hair removal.
It has six attachments, including Pedicure Buffer, Dual-disc epilator head, and bikini-comb to deliver its multi-functionality.
- Works as an epilator as well as a shaver
- 48 tweezers are available for efficient hair removal
- Pivoting head results in a smoother hair removal
- Built-in flashlight for better view
- Dual speed mode to ensure maximum personal comfort
- Complete charge in just 1 hour
- 2-year limited warranty
- Generates irritating noise during operation
What we think about best epilator for bikini:
It offers several features and multi-functionality that all comes with an expensive price-tag.
Emjoi Epi Slim Epilator
An improved and powerful motor integrated into this cheap epilator ensures an efficient and painless hair removal experience.
Epi Slim epilator design makes it a perfect choice for removing hair from delicate parts including underarms, bikini line, upper lip, and chin.
Moreover, users can depend on this cheap epilator for getting great touch-ups on legs.
Hairs are pulled and removed by nine tweezers used in this bikini epilator.
The epilator is small and lightweight, which makes it highly portable.
As this epliator operates on batteries, it is perfect for using in trips and outdoors.
Emjoi Epi Slim epilator came with an inexpensive price-tag and packed with several useful features.
Emjoi Epi Slim Review – The compactness and portability offered by Emjoi Epi Slim Epilator make it a perfect epilator to use while on the go.
- Lightweight and thin built
- Powerful motor employed in the device delivers improved results
- Ideal for removing hairs from delicate body parts
- Low price
- Efficient hair removal
- Generates less noise
- Users have to replace batteries quite often
- Only 9 tweezers are present to remove hairs
What we think about best epilator for legs:
Emjoi Epi Slim epilator has so many features and all at a low price-tag.
Although the hair removal unit is not a good candidate for continuous usage due to its low-battery, this cheap epilator is worth purchasing given its set of features and inexpensive price.
Philips HP6576 Satin Perfect Deluxe Epilator
The epilator offers four attachments, including active hair lifter, an active massaging system with pivoting cap and trimming comb.
Philips HP6576 allows gentle fine hair removal in a single stroke with the help of its extra-wide head and 32 textured ceramic discs.
The epliator is washable so that users can clean it under a running stream of water after each use and maintain proper hygiene.
Moreover, it comes with a cleaning brush that helps in removing hair traces from the shaving head.
The opti-light feat enables users to have an efficient removal of fine hairs.
Philips HP6576 epilator is cordless and has an integrated battery.
With a single full-charge, it delivers 40 minutes of non-stop operation.
Philips HP6576 Review – HP6576 Satin Perfect Deluxe epilator is one of the best epilators from Philips available in the market and has many features that will make epilation comfortable and fun.
- Beautiful design
- Removes hair gently with its wide head and ceramic discs
- Opti-light feature
- Cordless and quick charging
- Comes with an easy to clean removal head
- 2-year warranty
- High price tag
- Operates for 40 minutes on a single full charge
What we think about Philips HP6576:
Features offered by the Satin Perfect Deluxe epilator makes it worth buying.
Even though it has a low running time, it packs Opti-light and four distinct attachments.
Philips HP6401 Satinelle Epilator
The beautiful Philips corded epilator is easy to use and comes with an efficiency cap as an attachment for epilating sensitive body areas.
It has two-speed settings that allow users to gain maximum performance while epilating.
Handling the epliator is comfortable and better with its ergonomic grip design.
Philips HP6401 epilator is suitable only for dry usage and capable of removing finest hairs.
Additionally, the washable and detachable head makes it easy to clean after every usage.
To ensure reliability among users, the epilator comes with a 2-year warranty.
Philips HP6401 Review – The corded Philips HP6401 Stainelle epilator delivers satisfactory results with its 21 hypoallergenic discs that ensure proper hygiene.
Following are a list of all the major feats and issues offered by the Philips Stainelle epilator:
- Efficient working
- Easy to use and handle
- 2 speed settings for optimal performance
- Offers efficiency cap to remove hairs from delicate skin
- Washable head makes it easy to clean
- Capable of removing fine hairs as small as 0.5 millimetre
- Not suitable for using in wet conditions
- No pouch available for carrying
What we think about Philips HP6401:
Philips HP6401 Satinelle Epilator comes with an overpriced price-tag.
Due to the absence of many features including OptiLight and wet usage, it is not a great idea to buy this product if you’re looking for an epilator that has several features at its disposal.
Emjoi AP-18 Emagine
Epilating with the AP-18 Emagine epilator ensures a smooth and hair free skin for almost six weeks.
It utilizes “Glide Technology”, which is an Emjoi patented technology to minimize skin irritation.
This epliator is world’s first epilator to provide antimicrobial protection through its Silver Ion Technology.
Adding to its features is its dual opposed staggered heads that help in wiping more area in a single stroke.
Emagine is easy to use and has an ergonomic handle that results in better gripping while epilating.
Its corded operation eliminates a need of charging.
Emjoi AP-18 Review – Emjoi AP-18 Emagine is efficient in removing hairs from any part of the body including delicate parts.
With its dual speed control, users can control its speed according to their preferences.
- 72 highly efficient tweezers deliver fast and better results
- Glide technology assures removal of finest hairs
- Dual opposed staggered heads
- Silver Ion Technology makes the epilator antimicrobial
- Ergonomic design makes it easy to use
- Attractive looks
- Being corded means that it is not suitable for wet usage
- Lot of noise due to simultaneous operation of 72 tweezers
What we think about Emjoi AP-18:
The Emjoi AP-18 Emagine epilator offers unique features that makes it worth buying.
However, this is a corded epilator, which means that tangling with wires will become common.
Braun Face 830 Epilator
The epilator is capable of delivering two types of face treatments; one is facial epilation while the second one is pore cleansing with its brush.
It has ten tweezers with micro openings that are capable of catching and removing finest hairs to have smooth and hair free skin up to 4 weeks.
For a thorough cleansing, it has 200 plucking movements per second and is suitable for facial areas such as chin, upper lip, and eyebrows.
Additionally, its facial cleansing is six times better than manual cleansing.
The cleaning brush of Braun Face 830 epilator loosens the oil and makeup from skin pores by oscillating gently over the skin.
The cleansing brush works efficiently on sensitive skin and can be used along with water, soap or facial scrub.
Braun Face 830 Review – Braun Face 830 is a perfect device for both facial epilation and cleansing.
The cordless device utilizes AA batteries for carrying out its operation.
- Small size and lightweight
- Effective facial cleansing via micro-oscillations
- Micro opening tweezer for removing fine hairs
- Brush refill is available
- High frequency plucking with 200 plucking movements per second
- High performance
- Employs slim head to deliver precise results
- Not suitable for areas other than facial areas
- Replacement of batteries costs extra money
What we think about Braun Face 830:
Braun Face 830 cordless epilator is best for people looking to buy a dedicated facial hair removing unit.
Remington EP7030 Epilator
The waterproof built of the epilator makes it suitable for both wet and dry usage.
It’s total coverage epilation system provides easy and efficient hair removal at each use.
It has two separate speed options, one for coarse hair and other for fine hair.
To remove very short hairs, it utilizes detail light, perfect angle cap, and pivoting head feats.
Remington EP7030 offers a massaging cap with Aloe Vera that leaves a long-lasting soothing experience.
Additionally, the removable head and cleaning brush makes it easy to clean the epilator.
This device comes with a 2-year limited warranty, which ensures complete customer satisfaction.
Remington EP7030 Review – Remington EP7030 packs lot of features such as ergonomic design, built-in grips and detail light.
Moreover, all these features come at a reduced price tag as compared to other epilators.
- Employs 40 tweezers for better hair removal
- Wet/Dry operation
- Detail light for revealing finest hairs
- Features flexible and pivoting head that adjusts according to body contours
- Easy maintenance with removable head and cleaning brush
- 2 speed modes
- Low price-tag
- Less operation time on a full charge
- Takes much time for removing hairs
What we think about Remington EP7030:
The Remington epilator has several features that comes at a reduced price tag as compared to other epilators offering same features.
However, it has battery issues that may result in inconvenience.
Most conventional methods of hair removal have several disadvantages tied to them.
For example, waxing is expensive, and you have to do it time and again as soon as your hair grows back.
Likewise, shaving requires an endless purchasing of blades, and you need to do it more frequently than waxing.
Also, you need to be careful while working your way out with those sharp blades.
To cope up with such annoy ties, a dedicated hair grooming device is available in the market. It is called an epilator.
While some epilators are better for removing facial hair, some others are designed to work around sensitive areas and private parts. There are even some other epilators that are designed for legs-only use and those that serves complete body grooming.
You should keep all your hair removal requirements and needs in mind while buying an epilator to select the one that best meets all your expectations.
What is an epilator?
An epilator is a device that, like an electric shaver, runs on electricity and helps in body hair removal.
An epilator utilizes tweezers to remove hair by pulling them from roots, instead of slicing hairs as is done by an electric shaver.
The number of tweezers varies from 20 to 72 and rotate during their operation to grab and hold multiple hairs simultaneously.
Epilators are capable of removing hairs efficiently and result in reduced pain as compared to other methods of body hair removal.
These devices have hypoallergenic ceramic disks that cause less irritation and massages skin to reduce pain caused by the hair removal.
In the upcoming sections, we will discuss several advantages brought by epliators, factors that you should consider while purchasing an epilator, and additional maintenance tips for the body hair removal tool.
Advantages of Epilating
Epilating has several advantages over other hair grooming methods. These advantages make epilators immensely popular devices. Main benefits of using an epilator are summed up as follows:
- You stay hairless for longer – Epilating and waxing are similar regarding the basic working principle. Both methods involve hair removal by pulling the hair strands from their roots. Hair removed from roots take a lot of time to reach the skin surface to become visible or touchable again, however, pain caused by epilating is much less as compared to waxing. This way, epilating allows you to remain hairless for longer periods as compared to methods that involve hair cutting. Remaining hairless for a much longer time period means that you have to groom body hair less frequently.
- It is much cleaner – Hair removing methods such as waxing and shaving have messy procedures that takes up much time and effort as compared to epilating. You have first to apply wax/shaving cream in waxing/shaving, respectively. Whereas, epilating is a cleaner process than both of these and doesn’t require any type of cream/liquid. Certain epilators have chambers to collect the removed hairs, which means that you can use epilator anywhere in your home without worrying about all the hairy mess. Although professional waxing is the cleanest hair removal option, it requires a large sum of money.
- Its way cheaper – Apart from being a cleaner option, epilating is also cheaper than other hair removal methods. It doesn’t require you to buy razors or shaving creams to eliminate hairs from your body, and there is no need to book expensive hair removal appointments. All you need to do is to buy an epilator that is best for you. Investing money in an epliator will progressively pay you off and helps you in long-term savings. Moreover, it eliminates the need to go outside your home to get the job done.
- It is better for your skin – Epilating, unlike shaving and waxing, isn’t harmful to your skin. In waxing, repeated running blade over the skin may cause razor burning or even cuts. You have to use after shave lotion or cream to cool down the irritation caused by shaving. In a similar fashion, waxing involves removal of the top skin layer along with the hair that causes irritation and redness of the skin. Epilating, on the other hand, doesn’t harm your skin and thus is a skin friendly method of hair removal.
- It works everywhere – Most epilators have a universal design that makes them suitable to be used anywhere on the body. However, there are specialized epilators that are designed specifically for serving specific parts of the body. You can use a typical epilator to remove hair from your face, legs, underarms, bikini line, and other areas. Using an epilator simply means that removing hair from any part of your body is not a problem at all.
How do I find the best epilator for me?
It is imperative that you should buy an epilator that meets all your requirements. Finding such an epilator may be difficult provided, you are buying an epilator for the very first time.
There are several epilator dynamics that will help you to find the perfect epilator. All you need to do is to consider these dynamics or factors while you plan to go out and purchase an epilator:
- Power of epilator – Power required by an epilator depends upon the number of tweezers it has. An epilator with a small number of tweezers requires less power. Likewise, an epilator with a large number of tweezers requires more power to drive all of them. Hence, you should consider the power rating of an epilator. High power consumption corresponds to a large number of tweezers. Subsequently, more tweezers result in fast and fine epilating. The maximum number of tweezers available in a single epilator is 72.
- Caps of epilator – Caps of an epliator are important as they allow you to use an epilator for a variety of shaving purposes. Most epilators come with standard caps, while some epilators offer a different cap for removing facial hair and are effective in reducing pain. Best epilators available in the market include a facial cap or sensitive cap with them. You should check for the type of caps that are available with the epilator you are looking to buy.
- Corded or Cordless – Epilators come with both power specifications, cords and cordless. Corded epilators run on live power supply while cordless epilators store electricity in the battery. Buying a cordless epilator is a better choice as it offers many advantages over a corded one. Using a cordless epilator means that you do not have to face tangled wires and you can use it anytime and anywhere by simply charging it. A corded epilator only works when electricity is available, and therefore, you need an electricity point to make it work. Cordless epilators are portable and thus are perfect for using during trips. Additionally, you can use cordless epliator in the shower and other drizzly areas where using a corded epilator might be dangerous.
- Battery or Rechargeable – Buying a cordless epilator means that you have to choose either a cordless epilator that runs on batteries or one that has a built-in rechargeable battery. Epilators that run on batteries are cheaper as compared to rechargeable battery models. Epilators with batteries are best for tagging along while on holidays but not preferred for regular usage because they discharge batteries quickly and you have to buy batteries for them frequently. Rechargeable epilators are better as they are waterproof, convenient to use and easy to charge. Most cordless wet and dry epilators offer a running time of 40 to 60 minutes on a single charge. This time is almost enough to get rid of unwanted body hair.
- Wet or dry usage – Buying an epilator based on its usage is an important factor. Using dry epilator for removing dry hair and skin is effective because dry hair is easy to remove, as they do not have additional water weight and do not stick to the skin. On the other hand, using a wet epilator offers reduced pain because warm water soothes your skin and is a cleaner option. However, there are epilators that combine features of dry as well as wet epilators. Such epilators are recommended as they eliminate the need to purchase both types.
- Flash light – High-end expensive epilators offers the convenient flashlight feature. Flashlight allows you to get a better view of the bodily area where you are using the epliator.
- Washable head – Washable head allows you to clean and wash the epliator head after using it. Most epilators have washable heads that help in maintaining proper hygiene. Generally, instructions for washing epilator are available in the accompanied instruction manual. You can, however, still wash the head of your epilator even if there are no specific washing instructions mentioned in the manual.
- Extra features – Epilators offer additional features that make them excellent products. These hair-grooming devices offer extra heads that are useful in different applications. For instance, a massage head enables an epilator to massage your skin in addition to removing unwanted hair growths. A pivoting head is a rotating head, which offers a more comfortable experience while removing your hair.
What about the Pain?
Epilating pain is the most when you are new to the activity.
Using an epilator for the first time may cause a lot of pain however with every successive usage, your skin gets used to the activity and thus becomes feel painful.
There are even some epilator users who claim that they hardly experience any significant pain while epilating.
Overall, epilation is very effective and offers less pain than waxing.
Tips for Epilator Maintenance
Epilator maintenance is very important to keep the device clean and in a proper working condition.
Well-maintained epilators offer superior performance and have longer life spans.
Brushing off hairs after every usage is good, but you need to take the maintenance one step further.
You can go through the epilator manual to find some additional maintenance tips from the manufacturer.
Here are some tips that will help you maintain your epilator for a longer use:
- Use a brush/compressed air duster to remove hair residues that left stuck in the epilator head
- You should detach the plastic head or a cover present on top of the epilator and wash it properly
- Cleaning tweezers is an important part of maintenance because they are the actual part of an epilator that removes the hair. To clean tweezers, you have to take a cotton pad dipped in a small amount of rubbing alcohol. Use the cotton pad to wipe the tweezers of your epilator. You can use the same cotton pad to wipe clean the outer portion of your epilator
- Always remember to store your epilator in a designated container or a bag. Storing your epilator properly ensures its safety from dust and other particles
- Use your epilator as per the instructions mentioned in the instruction manual. It will ensure proper usage of the device
When it comes to hair removal, epilators are efficient units for the job. Epilators are easy to use, deliver better results and save money.
A cordless epilator offers portability and flexibility almost anywhere. There are a variety of epilators available in the market that have varying features.
Consequently, buying the best epilator is a challenging task. By considering all vital epilator factors, one might end up with an epilator that is best according to his/her requirements.
To maintain the performance of an epilator, it is recommended to follow maintenance tips mentioned in the manual and those mentioned above.