Table of Contents
- Our 3 Top Rated Joint Supplement for Dogs:
- Best Joint Supplement for Dogs Reviewed
- TopDog Health GlycanAid HA Factor Joint Supplement for Dogs Review
- Nutramax Dasuquin for Dogs Review
- Nutramax Cosequin DS Plus with MSM Chewable Tablets Review
- Doggie Dailies Glucosamine for Dogs Review
- Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM Soft Chews Review
- TerraMax Pro Best Hip and Joint Supplement for Dogs Review
- Infinite Pet Supplements All-Natural Hip & Joint Supplement Review
- Genuine Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin Review
- VetriScience Laboratories GlycoFlex 3 Review
- Planopaws ActivFlex Review
- How do I know my dog needs a Joint Supplement?
- Are Joint Supplements that Important to My Dog?
- Various Types of Joint Supplements
- Most Needed Ingredients and the Benefits They Offer
- Side Effects of Dog Joint Supplements
Last updated on: March 13th, 2020
It’s the joy of every pet owner to see their pets leading a normal healthy life even as they age. Therefore, just like humans, dogs’ immunity gets vulnerable over the years, and it comes a time when they will need supplements to boost their vitamin and mineral needs. One of the parts that ages fast in dogs happens to be the bones, and with this, the problem starts with the joints. And it’s at this time that pet owners get to embrace the vital role of joint supplements.
Our 3 Top Rated Joint Supplement for Dogs:
Best overall Joint Supplement manufactured by a vet!
Highest Rated and best glucosamine for dogs which contains natural dog food ingredients.
Top Rated Joint Supplement which incredible combination of joint favorable ingredients.
Best Joint Supplement for Dogs Reviewed
Here’s a comprehensive overview of our pick of best Joint Supplement for Dogs available online:
The chewable tablets contain amazing ingredients that would help ease joint pain and enhance the mobility of your dog at any age.
The supplements come with an excellent taste that makes your dog feel they are snacking on a treat.
This TopDog product is clinically tested and offers best results with the input of expert veterinarian Dr. James St. Clair.
It also provides a 100% money back guarantee for anyone who doesn’t like its outcome.
With this supplement, your dog gets full benefits of sturdy natural ingredients that include Glucosamine HCL, Chondroitin Sulfate, Hyaluronic Acid, among others.
The TopDog product promises noticeable results in less than 10 days of regular intake and comes with a dosage guide depending on your dog’s weight.
What we think about TopDog Health GlycanAid:
The product makes an excellent combination of chondroitin and glucosamine as the core ingredients, and with the boost of other natural components, it provides a complete range of joint support for your canine.
This joint supplement also comes in a chewable, tasty tablet that you can efficiently administer to your dog as a treat.
It also offers an excellent option pick for small, medium and large dogs.
With this Nutramax product, you can be sure to keep all the arthritis-related symptoms at bay and let your dog enjoy a healthy life.
It’s also great for limps and can keep surgical procedures at bay with continual use.
There are fantastic offers of this product on Amazon, so the more reason to get one.
What we think about Nutramax Dasuquin for Dogs:
The Cosequin DS Plus with MSM Chewable Tablets makes use of the three most potent ingredients in dog joints remedy.
Its thoughtful combination of MSM, glucosamine, and chondroitin seek to facilitate cartilage remodeling, eases arthritis pain and improves joint flexibility.
The Nutramax joint supplement comes packaged in a chewable tablet that’s easy to administer to your dog.
It also contains high levels of active ingredients per tablet that make it more useful with noticeable results after a short while.
The packaging bottle offers two options for your selection depending on your budget; one being a 132 count and the other a 250 count.
The additional fish oil in the supplement works to smoothen your dog’s coat thus making it more attractive.
It also works perfectly for both young and older dog.
What we think about Nutramax Cosequin DS:
The product comes in a soft to chew tablet that would make administration much easier.
It also contains two incredible additional components (CoQ10 and Hyaluronic Acid) that work to complement Glucosamine and Chondroitin for better joint functionality.
While the CoQ10 adds the antioxidant properties, Hyaluronic Acid works to lubricate the joints for overall joint well-being.
When you purchase this product, you gain access to two free e-books that would help improve your dog care skills.
This supplement makes use of other natural ingredients such as rice bran, cooked chicken and much more.
The manufacturers of this product are FDA certified, so you don’t have to worry about its credibility.
It also provides a Money Back Guarantee and can be used daily.
What we think about Doggie Dailies Glucosamine:
However, unlike its Cosequin counterpart, the Dasuquin provides benefits to dogs with an active osteoarthritis condition.
This product makes use of additional components such as avocado/soybean unsaponifiables (asu) that are vital in the management of osteoarthritis.
Just like other similar products in this list, the Nutramax Dasuquin comes in soft chewable tablets that make administration easier.
The supplements are suitable for bigger dogs of over 60 pounds so not ideal for smaller dogs/puppies.
It comes in two packaging bags that offer you purchasing options depending on your budget. And they include 150 and 84 counts.
It also contains an incredible concentration blend of sturdy joint pain relieving components, with a noticeable 900mg glucosamine, 800mg MSM, and 350mg chondroitin.
What we think about Nutramax Dasuquin:
TettraMax offers you that solution through the Hip and Joint Supplement.
The product has excellent absorption capabilities as compared to other supplements given its fluid nature.
It also made out of 100% natural ingredients making it one of the best vet joints supplement recommendation in the current market.
With the potent combination of glucosamine, MSM, and chondroitin, you can be sure to give your dog all the mutual benefits it requires.
The inclusion of hyaluronic acid in this joint supplement makes even more valuable as it provides extra bone cushioning for your dog.
This product is allergic free and doesn’t contain sugar properties making safe for your pet.
The presence of Aloe Vera components bring additional skin benefits and together with ingredients ease stomach upsets and fasten wound recovery.
What we think about TerraMax Pro:
The supplement comes with an additional turmeric benefit with a combination of the famous dog joints ingredients (Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM) making it an excellent canine joint solution.
This formula comes in a chewable tablet form with a desirable liver flavor, hence irresistible to your dog.
The benefits of turmeric properties in this supplement go way back to scientific research as the most reliable anti-inflammatory not only for humans but also for dogs.
This sturdy formula is favorable for small, large, active and Hip Dysplasia dogs. So you can get it for a total lifestyle change for your fur friends.
Once you purchase this formula, you gain access to a free e-book on natural detoxes for your dog.
There is also a 100% Money Back Guarantee to ensure you receive value for your money.
What we think about Infinite Pet Supplements All-Natural:
And just like its predecessor, this product brings in a unique combination of turmeric to make a high-quality blend.
The only difference here is the addition of Yucca, which happens to bring its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Yucca is also an excellent source of vitamin C, and we cannot ignore its benefits.
Also, this joint pain chewable preparation makes it ideal for pet owners seeking for a better alternative of chewable tablets.
It also made up of 100% natural products; hence you don’t have to worry side adverse allergic reactions.
The manufacturers offer a one to four months’ supply packaging that rightly serves large, medium and small dog breeds.
What we think about Genuine Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin:
The product makes use of both Vitamin C and E together with MSM, Selenium, glucosamine, and manganese to provide overall relieve to all sorts of joint pains in your dog.
With this VetriScience product, your dog enjoys the most desirable chicken flavor chews that leave it craving for more.
The vitamin C in this formulae enhances the production of collagen that helps to strengthen the bone cartilages.
The product prides itself on having a record of improving dogs’ hind legs strength in less than a month.
It also offers an excellent joint boost to dogs with an active lifestyle and senior dogs showcasing arthritis symptoms.
The price of this formulae is on the higher side so wouldn’t recommend for individuals seeking out cheaper options.
However, it remains to be on the vet recommendation list.
What we think about VetriScience Laboratories GlycoFlex 3:
The product avoids the use of artificial coloring/flavor such as sugars and salt.
It also doesn’t contain grain or wheat so you wouldn’t have to worry about adverse side effects.
With this product, your dog can enjoy the tasty chicken flavor in soft chewable treats.
The All Natural Hip & Joint Supplement for Dogs uses turmeric, Yucca and Vitamin C and E with the three core components (MSM, chondroitin, and glucosamine) to provide a robust joint healer solution.
The manufacturers also provide a 100% Lifetime Warranty, so you are sure to get value for your money.
Its quality id top-not and the facilities undergo FDA inspection to ensure your dog feeds on quality.
This product rapidly eases arthritis pain, boosts joints mobility and offers antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
What we think about Planopaws ActivFlex:
How do I know my dog needs a Joint Supplement?
Just the same way humans take supplements to prevent the occurrence of health issues later on in life, it should be the same with dogs. Therefore, there is no specific right time as to when to start giving your dog supplements. However, you have to consult your vet so that they advise on the best ones according to their age, health condition, among other factors. And since most health supplements have the least/ no side effects at all, they would be beneficial to prevent joint pains and arthritis in your dog.
Consequently, you can opt to start administering supplements once you notice signs of arthritis in your dog. If your vet diagnoses your dog with other joint issues and places them under medication, you can take the initiative to inquire if you can couple the medication with some supplements.
Are Joint Supplements that Important to My Dog?
If you are wondering as to what importance joint supplements could be to your dog, then it’s time to reconsider, as your dog experiences joint pains the same way you would if suffering from arthritis or any form of swelling discomfort. So your fur friend will depend on the supplements to:
- Ease pain and discomfort There is nothing like “less painful” when it comes to your dog. They also feel so much pain when joint issues strike the same as you. The pain they feel and the agony that comes with the discomfort deprives them of proper sleep, eating and generally enjoying their everyday life. Most dog joint supplements come with anti-inflammatory and analgesic components that would offer the much-needed relief to your pet.
- Makes life enjoyable Your dog can go back to enjoying its life without fear of pain since the supplements offer relief from pain. Naturally, dogs are social beings and being sick and in agony deprives them of the chance to mingle with their friends and explore the environment. But without the physical and emotional conflicts, they can enjoy life to the fullest.
- Improves general mobility Dogs need plenty of exercises to be happy and enjoy their life with you. Therefore, their joints have to be in good shape. Best joint supplements for dogs offer this solution.
- Enhances a positive attitude Once your dog is feeling better and free from pain, it becomes easy to train and follow instructions, thus making a worthy addition to your whole family.
- Improves dog-owner relationship As it is often said, dogs make terrific loyal friends. What can better enhance that relationship than showing them you care about their health?
Various Types of Joint Supplements
There are typically four forms of best hip and joint supplements for dogs:
- Liquids most dig supplements in the marketplace are in liquid form. The primary reason for this could be because they are quickly absorbed into the bloodstream thus providing maximum benefits. You can either mix them with food or administer them on their own.
- Tablets though some manufacturers package their supplements in tablet form, they are difficult to swallow hence can be a painful process for your dog. Additionally, most of these tablets don’t dissolve easily thus interfering with the absorption of nutrients.
- Powders they make an excellent option when you can’t get liquids. You can mix them with food or dissolve in your dog’s drink.
- Dog chews this is the most enjoyable as they come as dog treats that your fur friend would gladly munch for full benefits.
Most Needed Ingredients and the Benefits They Offer
- MSM this favorite ingredient comes in handy to offer relief to inflammation symptoms. It’s also useful for fostering the repair of cartilaginous tissues and boosts the production and release of collagen protein that improves the overall health of bone structures, thus improving flexibility.
- Glucosamine this component helps in the proper formation and development of cartilage. It also helps to soothe arthritis pain and ease its severity.
- Vitamin C the ingredient is vital in triggering the stimulation of proper synthesis, and the release of collagen hence strengthens the correlation of joints, bones, and ligaments for better mobility of your dog.
- Vitamin E this is an active antioxidant component that works to prevent common inflammatory, through inhabit cartilage destruction and improving recovery.
- Chondroitin it helps in restraining the compression of bone structures and prevents the damaging of bone cartilages, thus boosting speedy recovery.
- CoQ10 this is a fat-soluble substance that works to release antioxidant properties that would help reduce joint inflammatory changes.
- Hyaluronic Acid makes a significant component of the bone lubricating substance synovial fluid. Therefore, it ensures proper joint mobility while improving skin elasticity and general hydration.
- Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids; this ingredient helps to curb inflammation, reduce joint swelling and ease arthritis kind of pain.
- Turmeric this ingredient has beneficial anti-inflammatory, skin-protective, analgesic and anti-pain properties.
- Selenium helps in the regeneration of cartilages, thus stronger and healthier joints for your canine.
Side Effects of Dog Joint Supplements
If your dog is allergic to any ingredient in the supplement, chances of exhibiting allergic reactions are high. Therefore consult your vet before administering.
Interference with medications
If your dog is on other drugs such as diabetic ones, then it’s good to consult your vet to come up with the best solution
Issues like a running stool or stomach upset are common when your dog starts its supplements. Whereas most of them ease with time, some don’t, and you might have to stop the administration.
Some supplement ingredients might cause liver/kidney failure at their extreme. So be vigilant if your pet already has problems.
Dogs just like humans need protection from joint issues, and you can achieve this through supplements. However, make sure to consult your vet before buying one as some components might have diverse effects on your pet.