The word Cryptocurrency has been in buzz for years. Almost everyone, from teenagers to adults, is using this for digital transactions.
If you want to use cryptocurrencies, you are going to need a wallet. The one that stores cryptocurrencies is the Cryptocurrency Wallet. It is a software program that gives you access to any cryptocurrency. This digital wallet stores private and public keys and allows you to store, send, and receive digital currency.
Here are some of the best crypto wallets that you can use to store to your digital money.
TREZOR is a hardware multi-crypto currency wallet. It claims to be the most secure wallet and doesn’t get infected by malware. Also, it never exposes the Private Keys that allows the user to access the cryptocurrency even on insecure systems. Being an open source and transparent system, it is easy to use and features an intuitive interface. However, it is a bitcoin wallet and has multiple layers of security that cannot be compromised by a third party.
TREZOR wallet is compatible with Windows, OS X and Linux.
- You can protect the TREZOR by a PIN code and each time you enter the wrong pin, the wait time until you can re-enter the PIN again increases by a power of two.
- You can recover your lost or stolen TREZOR by a 24-word code provided by the company.
Ledger Nano S
Ledger Nano S is a multi-asset hardware wallet that gives access to the world’s leading digital currencies. It has two layered security that aims to eliminate numerous attack vectors. You can store Bitcoin, Ethereum and other Altcoins in it. It requires interaction with the device to confirm transactions as it can only connect via a USB cable. It supports U2F authentication and can run multiple apps. Plus, it is effortless to operate despite its small hardware with the help of the buttons present.
This wallet is compatible with Windows (7+), Mac (10.8+), Linux or Chrome Operating System. Also, it requires Google Chrome or Chromium.
- It offers offline storage of currency.
- It needs a four-digit PIN to send payment, and it wipes itself after three incorrect guesses.
- Your account could be backed up on a recovery sheet if you lost the wallet and it can be done through the 24 unique words you create.
Jaxx is a multi-chain wallet that gives support for seven cryptocurrency assets. It is created for all digital assets to store and secure them from hackers. So, you can store regular currencies or digital currencies etc. It works for various digital assets at a time without any limit. However, it is mostly known for the cryptocurrency only. You can store bitcoin, ethereum, dash, ethereum classic, DAO, Litecoin and REP.
Jaxx is compatible with Windows, Apple and Linux desktop; Android and iOS mobile and tablet; Google Chrome and Firefox Extensions.
- When you create your private key for the currency, it will be saved only on your local device wallet and not on Jaxx server. So, you are in full control of this wallet.
- It is specially designed for beginners that make it easy to use. Also, it doesn’t require verification, personal information etc., which makes it better than other wallets.
Mycelium is an Android-based multi-asset cryptocurrency wallet that allows you to store, send and trade bitcoin. With enterprise-level security features, it is superior to most other wallets and features. Moreover, you can keep complete control over bitcoins, and no third party can lose or freeze your currency.
It is only compatible Android and iPhone. Though, APK file is available for Android only.
- It includes HD security and extensive backup options that allows you to secure private keys.
- It is an open-source system and offers several account types. Click here to find out more about it.
Exodus is a multi-asset wallet that allows you to store your private keys in a single application. It is the first desktop wallet to have ShapeShift built into the interface for rapid conversion between altcoins and cryptocurrencies. It also gives you the complete control over your assets.
Exodus offers a simple guide to backup your wallet and has an easy-to-use, intuitive and beautiful interface.
Exodus is compatible with Windows (64-bit), Mac OS and Linux.
- It gives you full control over your encrypted primary keys, and it offers the complete security of your currency as it is saves your keys on your local wallet.
- It allows you to store various digital currencies and assets in your wallet.
- It has a great design, and you can also customize the look and feel of your interface.
So, Cryptocurrency wallets are your safety box for storing the digital money as long as you have your private key. So, keep your private key secure and you don’t have to worry about your digital money.